Pricing for existing customer

Join us! Share tips and solutions with WebAnimator users around the world.
onlye

Pricing for existing customer

Post by onlye »

I might be interested in "upgrading" to WA4 if a reasonable upgrade offer was made. There were issues with WA3 that were never resolved and to consider WA4 a whole new product with such a minor discount offering is a bit insulting. Let me know if you decide to make a legitimate upgrade offer.

thanks,

Oskar007

Post by Oskar007 »

Hello,
and welcome to the new old forum.
To your question: There will be no upgrade from WA3 to WA4 because the programs are no longer compatible. WA4 is completely rebuilt with many new features. Errors and requests from WA3 were recorded, corrected and taken into account. Prices are always debatable, but give WA4 a try first and you'll see that it's worth the money.

thanks
Oskar007

steve_gill

Post by steve_gill »

onlye wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:06 pm I might be interested in "upgrading" to WA4 if a reasonable upgrade offer was made. There were issues with WA3 that were never resolved and to consider WA4 a whole new product with such a minor discount offering is a bit insulting. Let me know if you decide to make a legitimate upgrade offer.

thanks,
I agree. I run a software company (B2B) and when we produced Version 5 of our flagship software it was a complete rewrite that took 2 years. Everything in it was different. And yet we offered Version 4 users a 50% discount to upgrade.

WA4 is quite expensive for what it is. You can get Cartoon Animator 5, a professional animation product, for USD149. Granted the target market is slightly different and it doesn't produce Javascript code, but it does have a far superior feature set.

I'm still trying to make up my mind about getting WA4. If there was a fair upgrade discount then the decision would be easy.

= Steve

ICR

Post by ICR »

Hello Steve

We've certainly prepared a discount dedicated to existing customers who already own a previous version of WebAnimator 4. Should you be interested in this, I advise contacting us directly at sales@incomedia.eu where we will be able to provide all the information regarding this

Thank you

steve_gill

Post by steve_gill »

ICR wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:26 pm Hello Steve

We've certainly prepared a discount dedicated to existing customers who already own a previous version of WebAnimator 4. Should you be interested in this, I advise contacting us directly at sales@incomedia.eu where we will be able to provide all the information regarding this

Thank you
Thanks but the discount offer but it was minimal in my opinion. AFAIK, there were no real updates to WA3 for a couple of years, and there were many bugs that went unfixed.

I understand that WA4 is a complete rewrite and it has some very attractive features. But for me it's about the risk level. The cost of living is very high these days so like many people I'm being very careful how I spend my money. What worries me is that WA4 might go the same way as WA3 - no updates for a long time, leaving many bugs unfixed. Based on past performance this is a valid concern. How do I know you won't abandon WA4 in a few months time?

= Steve

ICR

Post by ICR »

Good afternoon Steve

I perfectly understand what you mean.
Just like you mentioned, WA 3 has been around for a long time and as one could expect, it included new functionalities that were built upon WA2 engine, which of course meant that latent shortcomings of the technology used had been brought along.
Perhaps some issues you encountered are among those that were never solved exactly for this reason. The issue was essentially built into how the software worked and only a full rework like the one we performed could help with those

With the reopening of the support forum, we hope to send a message that WA4 has been improved under every aspect and we expect it to be around for a long time

Please let me know if you require any additional information. Feel free to try out the trial version in the meantime

steve_gill

Post by steve_gill »

ICR wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:24 pm Good afternoon Steve

I perfectly understand what you mean.
Just like you mentioned, WA 3 has been around for a long time and as one could expect, it included new functionalities that were built upon WA2 engine, which of course meant that latent shortcomings of the technology used had been brought along.
Perhaps some issues you encountered are among those that were never solved exactly for this reason. The issue was essentially built into how the software worked and only a full rework like the one we performed could help with those

With the reopening of the support forum, we hope to send a message that WA4 has been improved under every aspect and we expect it to be around for a long time

Please let me know if you require any additional information. Feel free to try out the trial version in the meantime
Thank you for your reply. It did take you a week to respond though, which is a concern. It may be just me but I would have thought that, with a new release, Support would be much more responsive. I'm still on the fence about WA4. I haven't made a decision yet.

= Steve