Transparent Background

Join us! Share tips and solutions with WebAnimator users around the world.
onlye

Transparent Background

Post by onlye »

My GIF file has a background, I need it to be transparent.

I created a simple animation of a stick figure doing a flip. In WebAnimator, Under Background, I clicked Transparent. I pulled the .gif into my video editing software, Magix Movie Edit Pro. But there is a white rectangular background with the gif. Tested in 2 other programs and confirmed background is there.

My intent is to use WebAnimator GIF files as part of larger videos. I want the WebAnimator gif to be transparent and display on the background in the video editing software.

Any suggestions for this?

Thanks,
eric

Oskar007

Post by Oskar007 »

Hello,
The transparent background is currently only possible when exporting to .html or .wax5. The problem of the non-transparent background when exporting .gif is in progress.
greeting
Oskar007

onlye

Post by onlye »

Does "in progress" mean that it is on a list of bugs to be fixed? Any kind of timeline? Is there actually any development being done on Web Animator at all?

Oskar007

Post by Oskar007 »

Hello,
sorry that I will contact you now, but I was on vacation until yesterday. As for your question: Yes, there will soon be a revised version of Webanimator, in which the errors that occurred until then, should be resolved.
greeting
Oskar007

onlye

Post by onlye »

It has been almost a year. Is there an update to address the transparent gif issue. Is there ANY development being done on this product at all?

Brandonunura

Post by Brandonunura »

I have made a title slide in the text generator. I now lay in on the top of the beginning of my video but I cannot figure how to make the darn background transparent so the text shows as a title on top of the video?????

Oskar007

Post by Oskar007 »

Hello Brandonunura,

i sent you a PM.

greeting
Oskar007