wax5 file

Join us! Share tips and solutions with WebAnimator users around the world.
John Schwartz

wax5 file

Post by John Schwartz »

Hello ICD
Maybe I have not made it clear enough.
I am not talking of exporting to a gif-file.

I am talking about exporting to a wax5 file that is used in X5.
When exporting to a wax5 file, a form of zip-file is build. This zip file contains the files needed for the animation.
As I use a gif file in my animation, one of the files included in the wax5 file( the zipped file) is an animation of a flying seagull.
In the zip file is this seagull.gif - BUT - even if it is named as a gif file, it is only a "dead" image.

When I use the wax5 file in X5 and upload to the web, the animation is uploaded - BUT - the animation now has a "dead" seagull moving around in my animation.

When I FTP the original seagull.gif to overwrite the seagul.gif ( that was uploaded from the wax5 file ) to the web, the animation works fine. It is very annoying, as the files are overwritten when I make changes to the page that holds the animation.

IN short ( again ) When Web Animator creates the wax5 file it puts a static gif in the file, instead of the animated gif.
I can see that by inspecting the wax5 file - here the gif file is about 5 times smaller than the original gif.

I hope You understand this, as I don't know how else to tell You.

Kind regards
John

ICD

Post by ICD »

Dear John,

sorry that I didn't understand your problem correctly. I've now made a few tests with different animated gif files, that are animated (moved around the scene) by WebAnimator. The result is as expected: The image is animated and the gif animation is playing as well.

The wax5 export is indeed a zip file. That explains why the gif image looks smaller inside. You can replace the .wax5 file extension and replace it with .zip. Then you can copy the gif directly from the archive. You'll see that it is the original file.

Maybe you can check the WebSite X5 forum to see if the problem is known there. You can of course also upload you wax5 file here, so that we can have a look at it.