Why no batch processing? Why no import options?

Join us! Share tips and solutions with WebAnimator users around the world.
X5-User1

Why no batch processing? Why no import options?

Post by X5-User1 »

I needed this package to convert - already created - GIF images to an animation for X5. There is no way to import these images (or anything) into WebAnimator automatically or in batch mode. Why not? Much too time consuming to enter each image separately (especially it you have over 100 of them!). Therefore this package is now useless for me and a waste of my money! Also, I already have an 'animated GIF' made from these images that I just wanted to convert to HTML5 format to use in X5 but there is no way to do that either! Without these very basic options that any modern piece of software should include (i.e. inport options), this seems like a very amateurish piece of software that might have been created 10 years ago. Need to add these options and probably others, immediately, for this package to be really useful for any kind of sophisticated use! WebAnimator doesn't let me do any of these things, or anything I can't do easier by other means. I can't use it now and will have to go with public domain software, instead (which is better).

ICD

Post by ICD »

Hello,

I'm sorry that you can't do want you like to with our program. Although it might sound very basic, I can tell you that it is not. Without further explanation it is not even clear to me what the program should offer after an import of animated gif sequences. Please note that animated gifs can contain anything from very simple animations to complete movie strips. A software could only import gif animation and then display each frame as a single image. There is not information about animation at all in those files.

X5-User1

Post by X5-User1 »

?????? What? This makes no sense. Public domain software (such as 'AnytoGIF' - http://any-to-gif.soft112.com/') already let you do all this several years ago! Any modern animation software needs to let you input a sequence of images so they can be 'stitched together' - WITHOUT having to input and position each of these images separately. WebAnimator doesn't allow 'rendering' 3D objects, so any animation you want to do with images rendered outside of Animator, can't be done at all! It should also be able to automatically convert from an animated GIF to an MP4 video (for HTML5 use as does public domain 'ffmpeg' does). Do you work for this company? You don't seem to know or understand much about animation, rendering, or HTML5, or how to make a really useful, powerful and 'simple to use' software tool. It's the 21st century, not 1990.

ICD

Post by ICD »

I think what you are looking for is a video processing software. For such a software it would make sense to offer a GIF import and to display all imported images on a timeline. That kind of software also should offer a solution to convert between different video formats (and GIF animations) - agreed.

But: WA is not a video processing software. WA is used to create html animations. That means putting some html on the stage and allow property manipulation of those html objects. That can not be done with imported images and will never be implemented.

The single thing that I can agree with, is that WA could offer a video format export such as mp4). We are thinking about that and may include such a function in a future version.